• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Slideshare: January 2015 Q&A Medical Coding Webinar

• Thread starter Youtube Support
  • Start date
Y

Youtube Support

Visit [CCO] Medical Coding for more articles about [CCO] Medical Coding - Learn It - Get Certified - Stay Certified.

The January 2015 Q&A Medical Coding Webinar from www.cco.us discussed several topics of interest to medical coders including 2015 G Codes, HCC Coding Lines, Port and Catheter Status Codes, PQRS, 2015 HCPCS Ambulance Modifiers, Injections and Infusions, Hernia Repair, Labs 80048 and 80063. Other CodingCertification.Org product offerings were briefly discussed including the ICD-10 Live and Virtual Event which will be held February 21 – 22, 2015.

1. Coding Certification Q & A Webinar- January 2015
    2. We’ve had some serious questions from students wanting to copy AAPC testing material to use in their study process … SPECIAL NOTE: AAPC educational material is copyrighted. All AAPC material is protected by copyright laws unless noted differently. Just as with CCO course material, students are not authorized to copy information for use without permission of the distributor. CCO fully respects copyright laws and asks that all students taking CCO courses also adhere to copyright guidelines. Attention: Use of Materials
    3. Stay to the End For… ● A giveaway and your ● AAPC CEU link for 1 CEU
    4. Poll Poll – How many CCO webinars have you attended?
    5. Venkata Kalidindi – passed CPC 12/6/14 Sylvia Wallgren – passed CPC-H 12/11/14 Chris Corey – passed CPC 12/9/14 Sharon Wiertelak – passed CPC 12/6/14 Joyce Alexander – passed CPMA 12/6/14 Tyling Batista – passed CPMA 12/15/14 Corliss Zella – passed CPC 12/11/14 Congratulations to…
    6. Laura Allen – passed CPC 12/13/14 Mary Kral – passed CPC 12/15/14 Paula Brewer – passed CPC 12/18/14 Karie Jarvis-Slayton – passed 12/18/14 Patricia Pardue – passed CPC 12/18/14 Michael Duntley – passed CPC 12/18/14 April Edwards – passed CPC 12/27/14 Hina Balapurwala – passed CPC 12/30/14 Congratulations to…
    7. Wen Mitchell Oxendine – passed CPC 11/22/14 Nydia Robles – passed CPC 12/6/14 Laura Brodt – passed CPC 12/12/14 Jose O Gonzalez – passed CPMA 12/23/14 Billie Taylor – passed CPC 12/31/14 Janet Holt – passed CCS-P 1/12/15 Congratulations to… Anyone else out there who passed recently?
    8. COURSESS ★ Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) ★ Physician Based Coding Course (PBC) (CPC course) ★ Facility Based Medical Coding (FBC) (COC course) ★ ICD-10-CM Course ★ ICD-10-PCS Course ★ Medical Billing Course (PBB) ★ Medical Coding Auditing Course (PBMA) ★ Physician Practice Management Course (PPM) ★ HCC Risk Adjustment Course ★ Medical Coding Practicum (MCP) Course with Practicode Quick Lineup of CCO Courses Reviews & Mock Exams ★ CPC Exam Review Blitz Package ★ CPC Mini-Mock Practice Exams ★ ICD-10-CM Blitz Package ★ ICD-10-CM Mini-Mock Practice Exams For full listing see: CodingCertification.Org/Products
    9. Poll Poll – What region of the country are you from?
    10. ● ICD-10-CM Blitz ○ 16 hour course equivalent ○ Live/Virtual Event Scheduled for Sat/Sun 2/21 – 2/22/15 ● ICD-10-CM Full Course **Payment Plan Now Available** ○ 80 hour course equivalent ○ using “Understanding ICD-10-CM” text by Bowie The Future of Coding >> ICD-10 Prep CCO Style
    11. Poll Poll – What AAPC coding credential do you HAVE?
    12. 2015 G – Codes* I was just wondering if you are aware of Medicare not approving many of the new 2015 CPT codes? They will be continuing with the 2014 codes, but will need to assign G codes. I found the lab codes on the CMS website yesterday, but have not yet seen the G codes for GI and radiology oncology. Thanks, Arlene ANSWER

January 2015 Medical Coding Q&A Webinar from Laureen Jandroep

• HCC Coding Lines You talked about drawing lines before when doing HCC coding. Can you give me an example of how to do that. ANSWER
  • Poll Are you interested in any of our new courses coming out?
  • Port and Catheter Status Codes What ICD-9 codes are used to report that a patient has a port for receiving medications (antibiotics, chemotherapy, infusions etc.)? Not the CPT codes for placement of port. Also what ICD-9 codes are used to report catheters both urinary and cardiac currently in place? Thank you… Sandi ANSWER
  • PQRS I will be working with PQRS soon and I am not sure I understand what it is. Can you give me some insight? ANSWER
  • Risk Adjustment by Holly Cassano, CPC and Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I. We are anticipating HCC will be a high need specialty in 2015 and beyond. Future Focus of Coding – HCC Course Is Here! Our new HCC Course has 16 jam-packed Modules on http://cco.pe/10qGz8g
  • Poll Poll – What coding credential do you WANT?
  • Where are my Ambulance Modifiers? I’m looking at my new 2015 AAPC HCPCS manual and I don’t see them – has there been a change? Poll: Did you purchase your 2015 HCPCS manual from AAPC? ANSWER 2015 HCPCs Ambulance Modifiers
  • Injections and Infusions Hello! My employer wants me to start coding injections and infusions soon and I want to learn as much as I can. I do have my CPC and CCS, but I have not done this yet at the workplace. Is there something CCO offers? ANSWER
  • Hernia Repair* My surgeon did an open parastomal hernia repair with mesh with ileostomy stomal revision. I see the code 44346 for “revision of colostomy with repair of paracolostomy hernia” Can I bill 44312 with the above hernia codes for this? HELP! Thank you! Nichole ANSWER
  • by Dawn Moreno, PhD, CBCS, CMAA, MTC, CPL, CLT The PBB course provides the student with the most current information that pertains to the health insurance industry and the various reimbursement methodologies to ensure accurate submission of medical claims.. CCO’s Medical Billing Course Is Here! Physician Based Medical Billing (PBB) Course http://cco.pe/1y57uyR
  • Labs 80048 and 80069 I have a claim billed with 80048, 82040, 84100, and 84439. The CCI edit re-bundles all of the labs into 80069 the renal function panel. Why is the 80048 re-bundled into 80069? ANSWER
  • Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/CodingCertification Help Us Get The Word Out
  • www.YouTube.com/MedicalCodingCert
  • CCO eBooks!
  • Blitz Video Package or 2 CEU Webinars or 1 Hour Session with Laureen Free Drawing! Your Choice of: Pick Winner
  • WEBINAR CEU’s – REPLAY CLUB Monthly CCO Webinars: ● * Worth 1 CEU per meeting CCO Club: ● * up to 12 free CEUs per year ● (for indicated Webinars) – Regular Attendees – CCO Club Members https://www.cco.us/club/
  • Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) 40 CEUs! Review Blitz Video Package (CPC Blitz) 17 CEUs! CEU Classes (On Demand) ranging from 1 – 4 CEUs each ICD-10-CM Mini Course 8 CEUs! ICD-10-CM Full Course 40 CEUs! Facility Based Coding Course (FBC) 40 CEUs! Physician Practice Manager (PPM) 6.5 CEUs! Physician Based Billing Course (PBB) 18.5 CEUs! Physician Based Medical Auditing (PBMA) 12.5 CEUs! http://CodingCertification.Org/Products Looking to Fulfill your CEU Requirement? More CEUs from CCO!
  • Chat Q & A Webinar- January 2015
  • ICD-10 For ICD-10, what service would you recommend to use to educate doctors regarding their documentation? Shouldn’t I know about ICD-9 before learning ICD- 10?
  • Study for CPC Exam I am just starting to study for the CPC exam so what material would you recommend I start with to prepare for the exam? I do want to move quickly.
  • Coding Manuals Can you explain how to use the AAPC CPT vs the one put out by the AMA. The AAPC version doesn’t seem to have the same notations and hints.
  • Old Code – Depo Shot There is a question about what which procedure code for the depo shot. In a AAPC meeting it was mentioned to start using the old code instead of the new, the old code is not in the book anymore, will the insurance pay for the shot?
  • CIC Certification Why doesn’t anyone recognize the CIC certification? Now I am forced to take the CCS but really wanted to keep all my certifications with AAPC.
  • Thanks For Being With Us!

Attendees’ questions on various coding topics were answered. Educational topics were presented by Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I, and Laureen Jandroep, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-I, CMSCS, CHCI, CPPM. The host for the webinar was Boyd Staszewski.

Read More Related Details about Medical Coding Webinar

Slideshare: January 2014 Q&A Medical Coding Webinar

Free – ICD-10 Webinars

The post Slideshare: January 2015 Q&A Medical Coding Webinar appeared first on [CCO] Medical Coding.

Continue reading...